Following Van Guard’s win of the Express & Echo Overall Business of the Year Award in 2016, the team are delighted to be sponsors of an entirely new award category – the ‘Manufacturing Excellence Award’.
The new award has been created to recognise the continued growth of the manufacturing industry within Exeter and East Devon, with many leading national manufacturers now based in the region. Van Guard’s commitment to innovation and manufacturing excellence impressed judges at last year’s awards, making them the perfect organisation to represent this important industry.
This award is open to all manufacturers in the Exeter and East Devon area regardless of size, ownership, sector or length of trading. To enter, please visit http://digital-thisis.co.uk/exeterbizzawards/enter-now/.
Applications will be accepted from:
- SMEs and larger/international companies
- Exeter & East Devon (matching the readership area of the paper)
- Private and Public Sector
- Community organisations
- Any industry sector
- Light manufacturing as well as heavy industry
In assessing applications, the judging panel will consider the criteria below. The application does not need to demonstrate all these elements, but they will allow applicants to develop a story behind their success.
- Leadership & Strategy
- Planning and forecasting
- Manufacturing processes
- Use of modern management techniques – Lean, Six Sigma, TQM, Business Intelligence, etc.
- Smart factory
- World class manufacturing
- Production innovations
- IT in manufacturing/Automation/Design
- People & skills
- Supply chain – using local/British suppliers where ever possible/re-shoring
- Made in Britain
- Sustainable and environmental manufacturing
- Introducing new products, product design and production methods
- Consideration of lifecycle of a product from inception through engineering design and manufacture to service and disposal.
- Project specific
When assessing applications, the judges will be looking for some of the following indicators to evidence the achievement and outcomes.
- Increased competitiveness
- Pace of implementation
- Budgetary considerations
- Increased turnover
- Increased capacity
- Reduced costs
- Reduced wastage
- Increasing local jobs
- Demonstrate innovation, proven results
Entries close on Thursday 7th April, with the judging commencing from Wednesday 12th April. The Awards Ceremony is being held at Sandy Park, Exeter on Friday 12th May. For further details on the Manufacturing Excellence Award, visit http://digital-thisis.co.uk/exeterbizzawards/categories/