We launched a survey at the beginning of December 2014 in order to understand just how important ‘Buying British’ is to you. The survey has now closed, and it turns out that ‘Buying British’ is very important, which is just the news we wanted to hear.
The survey targeted over 2,500 van drivers and trades people in the UK and revealed some very interesting findings, which we have listed below:
- 97% of respondents stated that they would be more likely to buy van accessories if they knew they were made in Britain
- 92% reported that it was somewhat or highly important that they buy British manufactured van accessories
- When asked whether it’s important that British manufacturing is supported by consumers, 74%
- 95% of the audience believed that British made van accessories are of high quality (and)
- Of the people surveyed, if they were given a choice to buy a British made van accessory or a foreign offering, 96% would chose to buy British
As proud British manufacturers who are keen to support British manufacturing and the local economy in which we operate, it is great to see that the responses echo our passion and commitment in manufacturing and buying British.
On the findings, our Managing Director, Barry Woodward said “We undertook the survey for a number of reasons, the main one being to sense check whether we were right to believe trades people were really behind British-manufactured products. The response has been overwhelmingly positive in its support of British manufacturing, which is really encouraging and it has certainly helped to validate our thoughts. We are really proud to be waving the flag for British manufacturing and commend van drivers for supporting the UK economy by buying British.”
The results from the poll have encouraged us to further highlight that all our products, including the UK’s best-selling roof bar – the ULTI Bar are manufactured right here at our state-of-the art manufacturing plant in the UK (Exeter, Devon to be precise).
Watch this space!
Thanks to everyone that took the time to complete the survey.